For all parents out there
11 Things Kids Want From Parents
- Showing is better than telling, I learn by watching you.
- Love me – Give me hugs and kisses, You can’t spoil me with those.
- Kind and firm discipline – My brain is still developing and so I’m slow in learning. But I do want to learn, if you patiently and kindly teach me.
- Be my safe haven – Always be here for me no matter what.
- Talk with me – Don’t just talk to me.
- Hear me – Sometimes I just want to be heard without judgement or lecture.
- Accept who I am – Don’t constantly compare me to other kids.
- Let me play outside a lot.
- Give me food that is nutritious and yummy.
- Trust me – Let me make my own decisions on non-safety or health related things. I couldn’t learn to walk without falling. I can’t learn to make good decisions without bad ones.
- Encourage me – Your praise means so much to me.
“Found on Pinterest – Author Unknown”
Parents, how much did that touch you? Can you imagine your child saying this to you?